PRE-CARE INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE TREATMENT:
- If you are taking Accutane or have in the last 6 months, have a pacemaker or any electronic device implanted, or are pregnant you may not be treated
- Avoid sun exposure and tanning. Sunburned skin will not be treated
- Stop using all skin irritants (glycolic, salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol product such as Retin A, Triluma, Differin, and Vitamin C) on the area’s being treated 2-3 days prior to treatment
- Avoid Botox 2 weeks prior to treatment
- Advise staff of current and prior medical conditions and or treatment
- Advise staff of current medications including antibiotics. Certain antibiotics (i.e. Tetracycline and Doxycycline) can make your skin photosensitive)
POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS:
- DO NOT PICK!!! This may cause hyperpigmentation or scarring
- If the area is still red/irritated by the end of the day, apply a cold compress for 10 minutes then moisturize with LUX MD
- When to use LUX MD:
- Wait 24hrs until crust occurs. Then apply LUX MD 2-3 times daily until healed or pink is gone. This may be used up to 4-6 weeks or longer if desired.
- If skin tags or fibromas were treated, do not apply LUX MD until the lesions fall off. Then begin LUX MD 2-3 times daily until healed.
- Post treatment skin will be pink and very sensitive. Down time (crusting) is approximately 7-10 days. Capillaries may take up to 14 days.
- Do not apply makeup, creams, lotions, oils or essential oils for 24-48 hours to treated area
- Avoid steam rooms, vigorous exercise or hot tubs for 24-48 hours following treatment
- Avoid direct sunlight immediately following treatment. SPF 30 or higher sunscreen must be applied 10 minutes prior to sun exposure and worn everyday rain or shine
- DO NOT USE retinol or any form of vitamin A or peeling, scrubbing or bleaching products until fully healed. Use mild products without any alcohol.
- Pat dry instead of rubbing to prevent premature removal of crusting
- Keep skin clean and protected to avoid infection
- If skin becomes painful or redness persist, please contact us immediately
- After crust sloughs off, the skin may be pink as it is fresh skin. Continue use of LUX MD for up to 6 weeks. To further speed the blending process, chemical exfoliation & enzymes may be performed. Products with Vitamin C, Glycolic/Lactic and Vitamin A will help as well.
Get clear skin today at Bloom Bar located in Mililani by removing skin lesions including skin tags, Broken Capillaries (Face and Body), Spider Veins, Cherry Angiomas, Keratosis, Sebaceous Hyperplasia, Acne/Blackheads/Pimples, Milia, Skin Tags, Fibromas and Sun Spots.